About Summons Bookings Services
The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office provides summons booking services to defendants criminally charged by summons in Ramsey County District Court. A summons is an order to appear in court. Failure to appear will likely result in an arrest warrant being issued.
The Court requires defendants charged by summons to report for processing and booking (pictures, fingerprints, etc.).
Scheduling an Appointment
- Have all paperwork, including a copy of the summons, ready and available
- Call the Criminal History Unit at 651-266-9585. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, excluding holidays
- Provide your full name, date of birth, court file number, and phone number
- Cancelling or rescheduling appointments may not be allowed without prior approval from the Court
Appearing for a Summons Booking
- Arrive on time; defendants that are late run the risk of not being processed
- Provide all paperwork received from the Court
- Provide a valid driver’s license or state issued identification (a passport is also accepted for identification purposes)
- Do not bring children; arrangements for their care must be made prior to the appointment
Hours and Location
By appointment only, summons booking appointments are conducted on the hour, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (excluding holidays) at the Criminal History Unit, located on the first floor of Law Enforcement Center (425 Grove Street, Saint Paul).
There is free parking in the front parking lot of the Law Enforcement Center.
For more information, please contact the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office Criminal History Unit at 651-266-9585 or email CriminalHistory@co.ramsey.mn.us.