The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office is organized into five divisions:
- Administration Division – responsible for warrants; criminal histories; gun permits; budget and accounting; human resources and payroll; training and staff development; internal affairs; fleet management; information technology, including research and development; and, planning, analysis, and procurement.
- Court and Security Services Division – responsible for court security; human service security; civil process (orders for protection, foreclosure notices and sales, civil and criminal subpoenas, dissolutions of marriage, and evictions); and, emergency management and homeland security.
- Detention Services Division – responsible for safely and securely housing pre-trial inmates, probation or supervised release (parole) violators, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) holds in the Adult Detention Center (Ramsey County Jail); transportation of prisoners; and, hospital detention security.
- Public Safety Services Division – responsible for contract law enforcement (patrol and investigations) services to seven cities; K-9 operations and training; crime lab; records and property; school resource officers; traffic enforcement; crime prevention; water patrol; dive team; and, volunteer programs and internships, including reserve deputies and community support services.
- Regional Special Services Division – responsible for law enforcement and public safety services that involve multiple agencies, joint investigations, and regional partners that have a county-wide impact; watch commander operations; contract negotiations and labor and union relations; and, special projects and programs.