Waste disposal might just have gotten a little bit simpler for Ramsey County's VSQGs! A VSQG collection program, located at Bay West, is now available. Using a VSQG collection program allows your business to transport your hazardous waste in your company vehicle to the site, bypassing the use of a licensed hazardous waste transporter - saving you $$.
Here's how it works.
- Business must be located in Ramsey County and be currently licensed or in the process of being licensed as a VSQG or one-time generator. Need help with licensing?
- Waste is accepted, for a fee, at Bay West's permanent location - 5 Empire Drive, St. Paul, MN, 55103
Prior appointments are strongly encouraged, call 651.341.3272 to schedule an appointment during the following hours of operation:
- December – March, Fridays, 11 am – 6 pm
- April – October, Tuesday - Friday, 11 am – 6 pm
- Year-round, Saturday and times outside the operational hours by appointment only
Examples of acceptable wastes include:
- Fluorescent lamps & ballasts
- Lab pack wastes (corrosives, poisons, pesticides, flammables
- Latex and oil based paints
- Vehicle fluids, like fuels, antifreeze, used oil and related wastes
For more information | ASK EH or call 651.266.1199 | Minnesota Pollution Control Agency's (MPCA) Transportation Guidelines (pdf; When printing the booklet, select landscape, two-sided printing and a binding location of short edge) | MPCA Example Shipping Paper (pdf)
Return to Hazardous Waste