Very Small Quantity Generators
Employees must be familiar enough with waste handling procedures and proper emergency response to maintain compliance.
Small Quantity Generators
Must train their employees in the hazardous waste and emergency response duties that are relevant to their jobs. This training must occur one time and be documented.
Large Quantity Generators
Training requirements for LQG's are much more comprehensive. They include:
- having a designated hazardous waste program coordinator
- keeping records listing job titles, job descriptions, and job requirements
- outline or description of the contents of the course
- training new employees within 6 months of hiring
- annual refresher training
- maintaining documentation on all hazardous waste training
Return to Hazardous Waste