Free Adobe PDF Reader



Building Locations

blank space

Choose text size: A | A | A
Bookmark and Share

blank space

Adult Mental Health Services

Adult Services Home       Childrens Mental Health

651 266 7890 or urgent 266 7900Ramsey County’s mental health system includes services delivered by county staff and others

  • We serve Ramsey County residents.
  • People who may have multiple stressors such as medical conditions, drug or alcohol addictions, criminal histories or poverty have found help through our services.
  • Most people who receive services also receive publically funded health care, such as medical assistance, or they do not have insurance.
  • Services
     402 Univ Ave Crisis center  
    Crisis Services

    Ramsey County provides emergency services through Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health. The Urgent Care Center provides phone and outreach services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Walk-in services are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mental health providers and trained, peer support persons are on-site. If someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis call 651-266-7900. Or visit 402 University Avenue in St Paul.

    Urgent Care Center services:
  • Crisis assessment and stabilization
  • Crisis phone support
  • Crisis psychiatric care
  • Family education and support
  • Help with community resources in Ramsey, Dakota and Washington counties
  • Mental health and chemical health screening
  • Peer support services
  •  MHC 1919 Univ Bldg 
    MHC Services

    The Ramsey County Mental Health Center is staffed by licensed independent clinical social workers, licensed psychologists, psychiatrists, nurse clinicians, medical assistants, occupational therapists, certified peer specialists and mental health workers. To make an appointment call 651-266-7890.

    Outpatient Services offered at the Mental Health Center:

  • Diagnostic assessments
  • Individual and group therapy
  • Integrated mental and chemical health treatment services 
  • Medication assessment and management
  • Partial Hospitalization, short term intensive help for people who may otherwise be hospitalized - intake 651-266-7900
  • Welcome Center Walk-In Services Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:30 
              • Case management (short term)
              • Psychiatric services (short term)
              • Therapy (short term)
              • Referral to longer terms county and community services

          Pre-petition Screening

          Screening is provided for people who are petitioned for civil commitment The Court may determine that someone’s mental illness or chemical dependence causes them to be a danger to themselves or others. A person under civil commitment may be treated in a community or state hospital. Or they may have intensive community-based care during this time of acute need.

          Case Management

          We provide Case Management for adults with a serious and persistent mental illness. We use direct and contracted case management services. Case managers assess individuals mental health needs and then arrange, authorize, coordinate, provide and monitor services for the client.

          The following case management services are available:
              • Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
              • Short-term intensive
              • Long-term non-intensive
              • Creando Puentes - Building bridges between Hispanic Latino people and services 651-266-4799.

          Community Support Services (CSS)

          Outreach; crisis assistance;  benefits assistance; education; employability; housing supports Independent Living Skills (ILS) assistance; medication monitoring; and psychosocial rehabilitation are available on a limited basis. Some non-county funded community support services (Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services – ARMHS programs) are also available. For ARMHS programs in Ramsey County, call 651-266-7890 or visit MinnesotaHelp.Info and type ARMHS in the "key word field" for a list of providers.

          Co-Occurring Mental Health and Substance Disorders

          About 60% of people who experience a mental illness also have addictions to alcohol and other drugs. Research shows the need to treat co-occurring disorders through integrated treatment. For an assessment, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., please call 651-266-4008. Learn more about Chemical Dependency Services


          Services for Professionals

          Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) and Crisis Intervention Partners (CIP)

          Ramsey County Mental Health partners with the Sheriffs Department and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to provide training for law enforcement, sheriff deputies, corrections personnel and others who work in professions related to mental health. Learn more



          Learn how YOU as a Citizens Advisory Council member can make a difference for people with mental health needs.