If you miss the cut-off date to pre-register for an election, you can still register to vote on Election Day at your polling place. For 2014, the deadlines for pre-registration are:
- July 22, 2014 for the State Primary
- October 14, 2014 for the State General Election
Acceptable Forms of Identification
To register at your polling place on Election Day, you must bring one of the following documents:
- A valid Minnesota driver's license, Minnesota learner's permit, Minnesota ID card, or receipt for any of these with your current address.
- A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to Ramsey County Elections.
- A tribal ID card which includes your name, address, signature, and picture, from a tribe recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA).
- A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address.
- A notice of late registration sent to you by Ramsey County Elections.
- Oath of a registered voter in your precinct who can vouch for your residency. Employees of nursing homes, shelters, and certain other residential facilities may also vouch for the persons who reside there.
One Document from EACH of the following two groups:
GROUP A: Establishes Identity (must include your name and photo)
- A driver's license, learner's permit, or identification card issued by the state of Minnesota or any other state of the United States with a previous address
- United States Passport
- United States Military ID Card
- Tribal ID Card that contains your name, photo, and signature, from a tribe recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
- Minnesota high school/college/university ID card
GROUP B: Establishes Residency (must include your residential address in the precinct)
- Original Bill (paper or electronic), including account statements and start-of-service notifications, with a due date 30 days before or after the election, or, for bills or notifications without a due date, dated within 30 days before Election Day:
- Solid waste
- Cell phone
- Internet provider
- Credit card
- Banking services
- Rent statement
- Mortgage statement
- Current student fee statement
- Residential lease or rental agreement valid through Election Day
Information for College Students in Ramsey County
Ramsey County Elections may receive student housing lists from the following colleges in Ramsey County. This list only contains the names of students that are living in student housing. The precincts that are covered by these student housing lists are listed after the college or university:
- Concordia College - St Paul W-1 P-2
- Jesuit Novitiate - St Paul W-1 P-7
- McNally Smith College of Music - W-2 P-9
- College of St. Catherine - St Paul W-3 P-4
- Macalester College - St Paul W-3 P-7
- Hubert H Humphrey, Job Corps Center - St Paul W-4 P-11
- Hamline University - St Paul W-4 P-14
- Luther Seminary - St Paul W-4 P-2
- St. John Vianney Seminary - St Paul W-4 P-6
- University of St. Thomas - St Paul W-4 P-6 & St Paul W-4 P-7
- Bethel University - Arden Hills P-2
- Bethel Seminary - Arden Hills P-2
- University of Minnesota - Falcon Heights P-1
- The University of Northwestern - Roseville P-1