Correctional Facility | Admissions | Electronic Home Monitoring | Location | Medical Services | Programs | Visitor Information | Deposit Money l Workforce Development | Work Release | Return to Adults
Inmates at the adult correctional facility are allowed one 20 minute non-contact video visit per week using a video visiting system with a telephone receiver and video camera.
Visiting appointments are scheduled or cancelled online at https://rccfvisitation.co.ramsey.mn.us/ at least one business day in advance.
Printable Online Scheduling Instructions
Schedule, cancel or check on a visit online
Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Visitors should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the visiting start time to check-in. The visiting period will not be extended if visitors are late. If visitors arrive and there is less than 15 minutes left of the visiting period, the visit may be denied. Two missed visits may result in termination of visiting privileges.
The correctional facility is served by MTC bus route #70D. Contact MTC at (612) 373-3333 for bus information and times.
GENERAL VISITING RULES
- All visitors over the age of 18 years old must have photo ID.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or possess a valid marriage license as proof of marriage to the offender being visited.
- A maximum of three visitors, including children, per offender are allowed at each visiting session. Children under the age of 2 do not count towards the total visitors allowed.
- Visits will be denied to the visitor if an existing Restraining Order or a No Contact Order exists between a visitor and the inmate.
- All visits are monitored and are subject to recording.
- Visitors must sit in the assigned visiting seat and may not exchange seats or stations unless directed to do so by staff.
- Inmates who have been charged with a facility rules violation will not be allowed visiting until the charges have been disposed of.
- Inappropriate or suggestive behavior is not allowed.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shoes and shirts must be worn. Suggestive, shear, or see-through clothing is not permitted.
- Cell phone use, smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited inside the front lobby and visiting room.
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor child must maintain close supervision of that child before, during and after each visit. Children are not to be left unattended for any reason.
- Visiting appointments must be cancelled prior to the start of the scheduled visiting appointment by going online or calling the visiting line. Two missed visiting appointments may result in the suspension of visiting privileges.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted into the Facility. If the visitor’s behavior indicates that he/she may be under the influence of any mood altering substance, to include alcohol, the Lieutenant will be notified and the visitor will be asked to leave the institution and its grounds. Violation of this rule may result in future sanctions.
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism, or any other type of disruptive behavior will not be permitted in the visiting room. This includes, but is not limited to, loud and abusive or inappropriate language, loud noises, sexual or disturbing behavior of any kind, which in the judgment of the visit room staff interferes with other visits.
- There will be no tampering with any security or video communication devices located in the visiting room.
- The introduction of contraband to a facility or its grounds is an offense punishable by law (MS 243.55 Subd. 1).
- The facility is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Visitors who require a reasonable accommodation for a disability must contact the Administration Offices at (651) 266-1401 with at least one day advance notice.
- There will be no physical discipline of children in the visiting room or anywhere on the facility grounds. In the event of this happening, the visit will be terminated, a formal report will be written, and proper authorities will be notified.
- Violation of any of the above regulations may result in the conclusion of the visit and/or suspension of future visitation privileges.
- When there is reason to believe a visitor has initiated activities that are intended to subvert facility security, or has engaged in other suspicious and/or inappropriate conduct, the facility may ban the visitor.