Community Work Service | Courts | DWI | Domestic Abuse | Domestic Relations | Drug Testing | Intake | Investigation | Probation | Probation Reporting Center (PRC) | Sex Offenders | Return to Adults
Offenders placed on probation due to DWI or alcohol-related traffic matters.
- Monitoring, group supervision, and individual supervision for offenders who are on probation.
- Working with community programs to provide chemical-abuse education.
- Working with community programs with chemical-abuse and chemical-dependency treatment.
- Coordinating a 12-Step Orientation Program for Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Monitoring offender attendance at M.A.D.D (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) Impact Panels.
- Conducting Driving with Care groups.
- Conducting and preparing pre-sentence investigation reports for the court on felony DWI cases along with selected gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor cases.
Offender Assessment and Chemical Programming
- The DWI Unit is now using the Adult Substance Use and Driving Survey (Revised) as a part of the chemical assessment for offenders who have been convicted of alcohol and/or other drug-related traffic offenses. The tool assesses the offender's chemical-education or chemical-therapy needs at the time of the assessment. A contract assessor, community chemical health service providers, and private assessors conduct the assessments.
- The DWI Unit is now using the Driving with Care program. This program is used with offenders who have been convicted of alcohol and/or other drug-related traffic offenses. The curriculum addresses an offender's needs in the area of chemical education or chemical education and therapy. Community chemical health service providers and probation conduct the programming.