Commissioner Contact Information:
Mary Jo McGuire
Ramsey County Board Office
Room 220 Court House
15 W. Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
To contact the District 2 office via email, click here.
Visit us on Facebook here.
Follow us on Twitter here.
Subscribe to Commissioner McGuire's e-newsletter
Representing citizens in the following communities (District Map):
Mounds View (Precinct 4)
St. Anthony (Ramsey County portion)
- County Facilities
- Legislative (chair)
- Health Services (vice chair)
- Human Services/Workforce Solutions (vice chair)
- Public Safety and Justice
- Public Works, Parks & Solid Waste
Outside Boards, Committees & Commissions:
- Active Living Ramsey Communities (co-chair)
- Community Action Partnership (alternate)
- Court House/City Hall Committee
- I35W Corridor Committee
- Ramsey County League Of Local Governments (alternate)
- Ramsey County Library Board of Trustees Liaison
- St. Paul Children’s Collaborative
- St. Paul Children’s Collaborative Executive Board
- Suburban Ramsey Family Collaborative Joint Powers Board (alternate)
- Counties Transit Improvement Board (alternate)
- Metropolitan Emergency Services Board
- Metropolitan Mosquito Control District Board
- Northeast Diagonal Policy Advisory Committee
- Robert Street Corridor (alternate)
- Association Of Minnesota Counties-District X Representative
- Association Of Minnesota Counties-Health And Human Services (alternate)
Commissioner McGuire's Bio:
Commissioner Mary Jo McGuire was elected to the Ramsey County Board in 2012 and represents the communities of Lauderdale, Little Canada, Mounds View (Precinct 4), New Brighton, Roseville and Ramsey County portion of St. Anthony. In addition to serving as the chair of the County’s Legislative Committee, she is the vice-chair of the Health Services Committee, Human Services/Workforce Solutions Committee, and of the Regional Railroad Authority. Commissioner McGuire also serves on the Budget, County Facilities, Public Safety & Justice, and the Public Works, Parks & Solid Waste Committees.
Commissioner McGuire is a lifelong resident of Ramsey County, currently residing in Roseville. A graduate of Alexander Ramsey High School (now Roseville Area High School), Commissioner McGuire has a BA in Business Administration from the College of St. Catherine, a JD from Hamline University School of Law, and an MA in Public Administration from the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government. She is trained as a “qualified neutral” in dispute resolution cases. Commissioner McGuire currently serves on the board of Northwest Youth and Family Services and has previously served as a member of the Roseville Community Education Advisory Council, and the North Suburban Ramsey Family Collaborative.
From 1989 - 2002, she served as a State Representative in the Minnesota House representing the cities of: Roseville, St. Anthony Village, Lauderdale and Falcon Heights from 1989, stepping down in 2002 due to redistricting. In 2011, Commissioner McGuire was elected to the Minnesota Senate in a special election. While in the Minnesota Legislature, she worked passionately for our communities, receiving many local honors and awards, notably “Best Elected Official” by the Roseville Review and “Freshman Legislator of the Year” by Politics in Minnesota.