Free Adobe PDF Reader

Tel:  651-266-3222
Fax: 651-266-3010


Building Locations

blank space

Choose text size: A | A | A
Bookmark and Share

blank space

Attorney Logo Victim/Witness Services Division

Crime Victim Rights l Restitution and Reparation l Court Procedures Q&A l Additional Resources

Victim/Witness Services Division Feedback

Tami McConkey, Director

An integral part of the prosecution function, our Victim/Witness Services Division provides victims and witnesses of crime with consistent and dependable information about their cases. To ensure this, advocates are assigned to each criminal case after charging to inform victims and witnesses about their statutory rights and to assist them as their case proceeds through the criminal justice system. We also offer general court information on this website.

Special Notice to Sexual Abuse Victims Involving the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis:
The Ramsey County Attorney's Office encourages victims to first report any sexual abuse to their local police department, even if they have entered into settlement agreements with the Archdiocese.

See the attached TC Archdiocese Claim Alert.pdf for more information.

The deadline to file a claim in bankruptcy court is August 3, 2015. Case No. 15-30125

Give us your feedback. on a recent crime or your thoughts on crime in your community.

Services provided by advocates to victims and witnesses may include the following:

Provide information regarding victim rights;

Offer crisis counseling and referrals;

Facilitate contact with other agencies within the criminal justice system;

Obtain interpretive services;

Provide information regarding hearing dates and schedule changes;

Arrange transportation;

Assist in obtaining time off from work to testify;

Secure a safe waiting area in the courthouse;

Assist in applying for reimbursement of expenses incurred during the course of the trial;

Resolve matters related to restitution and the return of property; and

Provide information as to eligibility from the Crime Victims Reparations Board.  If you have suffered a personal injury as a result of a crime, you may be entitled to receive money from the Crime Victims Reparations Board.